We are Elbi Digital, a company registered in England with number 09146300. Our registered office is at Elbi Digital, c/o Eden Chartered Accountants, 2 Beaconsfield Road, Knowle, Bristol, BS4 2JF. (“Elbi”/“we”/“us”).
Our mission is to inspire everyday philanthropy. We want to transform philanthropy from a worthy pastime of the rich and famous into something that any one of us can do, at any given moment. Our mobile application (the “App”) curates small, shareable good deeds to encourage users of our App to give a small amount of their time talent, or money to charity.
This Policy explains:
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we may use the information we collect about you;
- whether we share your information with anyone else;
- the types of cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- where we store your information;
- how we keep your information secure.
WHEN DOES THIS POLICY APPLY
This Policy and our Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your use of:
- our App once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”);
- any of the services accessible through the App (our “Services”); and
- any of our websites including without limitations the Elbi website located at: elbi.com and all subdomains and paths (our “Sites”).
HERE IS THE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
1. Information you voluntarily provide
- Information that you voluntarily provide on our App or Sites or when you subscribe to our Services. This includes information you provide when you register on or download our App or Sites.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our App, Sites or Services.
- If you contact us (by phone or email), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information you provide when you choose to complete a survey or participate in a competition on our App or Sites.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, username, password, location, gender, date of birth, profile image and other registration information.
2. Information we collect about you and your Device
When you visit our App or Sites or interact with our Services, we (and our advertisers and/or other service providers) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how our Services are accessed and used including:
Technical Device Information
- the type of mobile device you use (e.g. are you using an Apple or a Samsung Device);
- a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface or the mobile phone number used by the Device);
- mobile network information (e.g. are you on the 3 network or the Vodafone network?);
- your mobile operating system (e.g. are you using an iPhone or an Android?);
- your IP address and HTTP referrer information;
- the type of mobile browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?);
- time zone setting (e.g. GMT, EST?).
Other Information Stored on your Device
- contact information;
- friends lists;
- details of your use of our App, Sites or Services;
- resources that you access;
- any user preferences that you have configured.
We may also use technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions to disable location-enabled Services on your Device.
Any content that you create using our App is stored on our servers; some of that content is also cached locally on your device. Elbi considers such content as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and it may be distributed via our platform to users outside the European Economic Area (EEA). See our Terms and Conditions for details of what we do with that content.
3. Information we collect about you and your Device
We work closely with third parties which provide technical and payment services. We work with advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and we may receive information about you from them. Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we work with. We may work with third parties not listed below or stop working with the third parties listed below.
*Name of Third Party
Why we work with them
allow you to sign in with your Twitter credentials
FacebookTo allow you to sign in with your Facebook credentials and import friends from your Facebook friend list
THIS IS WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- We use the information you provide to us to:
- provide you with relevant information and enable you to use our App and Services;
- ensure that content from our App and Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer to achieve the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- send marketing communications to tell you about developments in our Services (including news stories and competitions). We will only do this where you have indicated you would like to receive updates and you may change your preferences and cease receiving direct marketing from us at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- allow a charity we work with to contact you direct by email or by phone provided that you have expressly opted in to receive such communication from our registered charities; and
- notify you about changes to our App, Sites or Services.
- Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
OUR USE OF AGGREGATED AND ANONYMISED INFORMATION
- We may provide aggregate user statistics, demographic information and other usage data which does not identify you specifically with third parties. We may combine your data with those of other users of our App, Sites and Services and share or provide this trend information in aggregated and anonymised form with third parties.
- We may also use information collected from you and combine it with information provided by other users of our App, Sites and Services to help us improve the design and delivery of our software tools, increasing the effectiveness for all users.
THIS IS WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will only share information with other organisations where we have your permission to do so in accordance with this Policy or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the App or our Services.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Elbi, our donors, our charities, our fundraisers or any other individual, this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
COOKIES, PIXELS, LOCAL STORAGE AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a Web page and often are used in connection with cookies. HTML5 Local Storage is a small database located inside your browser which web pages can use to store data to speed up their processing. We may use all three technologies from time to time, to help improve your browsing experience.
We have outlined below the individual cookies we use and why we use them:
TABLE MISSING - 4 columns, 6 rows
Please refer to your browser or Device’s help material to learn what controls you can often use to remove or block cookies or other similar technologies or block or remove other data stored on your computer or Device (such as by using the various settings in your browser). But please remember that if you do this, it may affect your ability to use the App, our Sites or Services.
THIS IS WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who works for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
KEEPING INFORMATION SECURE
- All information you provide to us is stored on servers owned and operated by Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Any monetary donations are processed by Stripe Payments, Europe Limited, which use encryption technology aligned to industry best practice. We do not see or store any credit or debit card information on our servers; any saved payment details are stored on Stripe’s servers.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our App or Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share a password with anyone.
Please remember that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your information but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App, Sites or when you use our Services. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HERE ARE YOUR RIGHTS
We think it is important that you are able to control your personal data.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- The law gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We may charge £10 for information requests and we require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
- If you want to stop using the App, you can simply delete the App from your Device by following the instructions on your Device. This will remove any data stored locally on your device by the App.
- If you indicate to us that you want to delete your account, we will remove your details and any content generated by you from our platform. This process is irreversible.
THIRD PARTY PROPERTIES ACCESSED FROM OUR APP OR SITES
Our App, Sites and Services may contain links to and from the online properties of our partner networks, advertisers, the charities we work with, fundraisers, or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these online properties, please note that these online properties have their own privacy policies and that we cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these online properties. Please check these policies carefully before you click on any links and/or submit any personal data to these online properties.
CHANGE OF CONTROL
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the App and provide the Services. The new owner will be obliged to comply with this Policy.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Where it makes sense because the changes are material, we will notify you of the changes by e-mail or in another appropriate manner such as when you next start the App or log onto one of our Sites.
CONTACTING US IS EASY AND WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
We really do welcome any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this Policy. You can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org